Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Copy of my Scholarship Application Letter

It was my first theater attendance of a 2009 production of Sweeney Todd. Before then, I had always thought of the arts as a mystical realm, restricted to all but those gifted with near inhuman innate talent. From that point forward, however, the realm of the arts seemed accessible (it had always been desirable), to me.


After attending a university, I plan to start my career in local performing arts centers, building up my resume and skill, until I can be accepted for more prestigious performances. One of my lifelong goals is to be cast as the voice of a major Disney character. Robby Benson, the beast from Beauty and the Beast, and Keith David, Doctor Facilier from The Princess and the Frog, are some of the greatest examples of how a great vocal performance can cause a production to go from good to exemplary. Other roles I would love to be cast as: Sweeney Todd from Sweeney Todd, Leo Bloom from The Producers, and The Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera.

My reasons for pursuing the arts as a career are simple. I feel that my gift is the ability to enrich people’s lives through my voice, body, and words. My passion and respect for the arts will never be quenched, no matter what obstacles are placed in my way. I believe that my dedication and passion should allow me the opportunity to pursue further training, and eventually a career, in the arts.

1 comment:

  1. :O!! Wow i'm rooting for you :D and i love Sweeney Todd and I'm planning to major in theater !

    ReplyDelete